This is a take on one of my favourite pasta dishes. It’s a great way to cut out carbohydrates if you’re on a health kick, and it really stands out as a dish in its own right.
It’s so quick to make, as long as you have a spiralizer. If not, you’ll have to slice the courgettes very finely by hand. I have a small hand-held spiralizer that only cost a few pounds and I highly recommend it.
Use good olive oil, juicy tomatoes and adjust the chilli to your taste. Don’t overdo it though, this is a delicate dish. It also works very well with prawns if you prefer.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
2 tins of crab
1 large courgette
½ a clove of garlic
A large handful of cherry tomatoes
A pinch of chilli flakes
2 tbsp fresh chives, finely sliced
Salt to season
- Prepare the courgette and set aside for a minute.
- Gently heat the olive oil and add the garlic, then cook for a minute.
- Add the courgette, season and toss in the pan for a minute or two, until it starts to soften.
- Add the crab, tomatoes and chilli flakes and cook for a further minute to warm through.
- Check the seasoning and stir the chives through just before serving with a salad.